Following many requests by our users, we’ve added an exciting new feature that allows you to verify your website’s traffic by connecting your Google Analytics account with SimilarWeb. Once a website is verified, we’ll show the number of desktop visits, as it appears in Google Analytics (Sessions). This will be visible to anyone searching for the site on SimilarWeb.com or using the SimilarWeb PRO platfrom. The indication for a verified site is:
- It gets the ‘Verified Data’ stamp
- ‘Estimated visits’ will be replaced with ‘Visits’
Why should I connect my Google Analytics account with SimilarWeb?
- No more under estimations – as an independent web measurement platform, SimilarWeb can only give a close estimation of your real website traffic stats. Although our estimations are fairly close to reality, we cannot guarantee exact presentation of your stats. Connecting your Google Analytics with SimilarWeb assures you an exact presentation of your website’s analytics and prevents any under estimations that might occur with non-verified sites.
- Strengthening your Brand – full transparency will give you the opportunity to showcase your popularity and establish yourself as a trusted brand.
- Increase ad income – having this data available and out there will make your website a lot more attractive to advertisers looking for media buy and other partnership opportunities. No more wasting time in preparing Google Analytics reports every month and preparing updated PDFs with your website’s stats.
- Raising Capital – for a company that is on the lookout for new capital, this is a great opportunity to have important stats which are relevant for your business’s valuation, out in the open with easy access to any potential investor.
As always, we’re happy to receive your feedback and to continue improving our platform. For any question don’t hesitate to contact us and remember to check out our knowledge base, for information about our products and our YouTube channel, where you can find tutorials for just about every feature on the PRO.
Click here to learn how to connect your Google Analytics and to read all about the accuracy of the data and about the option to revoke access.