Amazon has become synonymous with eCommerce, with most online product searches taking place directly in the marketplace. For the timeframe of January-April, the online marketplace notched a 6% growth in traffic in the United States, YoY, from 6.5B visits to 6.9B.
The Coronavirus pandemic has intensified that trend, fundamentally shifting the way consumers interact with brands and retailers.
We have explored the digital data behind one of the fastest-growing and most competitive categories on Amazon, to provide analysts and researchers with insight into the performance of top electronics brands in the U.S. during the first four months of 2020. The Electronics category makes up 10% of Amazon’s total business, making it a major revenue driver behind the company’s strong growth.
Insights from the report include:
- The mega-retailer managed to grow visits to its Electronics category by 4% YoY in Jan – Apr 2020
- Even more impressive is the simultaneous increase in conversion rate, which spiked from 9% in 2019 to 11% in 2020
- Computers and Accessories make up 55% of total visits and purchases for Electronics
- Traffic to Asus and Logitech brands surged in March and April as the demand for work-from-home equipment took off
- Although the category is heavily branded, AmazonBasics captures 30% of traffic for accessories and supplies, the second-largest subcategory under Electronics
Read our report to discover more, including private-label and brand-name products that gained market share, and which brands were the most searched for on the marketplace.
For more Amazon brand reports, click here.