Digital 100 - Top 100 Fastest-Growing Online Brands in the U.K.
Uncover the winning digital brands of 2021! The globally recognized Digital 100 reveals the top fastest-growing companies in the United Kingdom for 10 key industries based on year-over-year (YoY) traffic growth. Plus, we unpack the powerhouse digital strategies fueling their success so you can make the cut next year.
Top 5 Apparel Brands:
- handsomedans.co.uk 2,880% growth
- airydress.com 2,730% growth
- warehousefashion.com 2,450% growth
- lovediscountvouchers.co.uk 2,241% growth
- femmeluxe.co.uk 1,972% growth
Fawning over fast fashion
Sites showing off discounts on both men’s and women’s clothing, including Handsome Dan’s and Warehouse, saw traffic soar.
The widespread appeal of bargains benefited LoveDiscountVouchers, a brand that taps into this demand by serving up vouchers and promo codes.
Top 5 Beauty Brands:
- skinandme.com 4,877% growth
- braunshop.co.uk 1,747% growth
- skincity.com 1,274% growth
- cultbeauty.com 836% growth
- beautyadventcalendar.net 710% growth
Personalized product recs shine for skincare
Customized product recommendations based on surveys and quizzes proved to be a staple for many skincare winners that made the leaderboard, including number three, Skincity.
Top 5 Electronics Brands:
- comet.co.uk 632% growth
- infinite-computing.co.uk 520% growth
- govee.com 441% growth
- shop.samsung.com 381% growth
- keychron.com 245% growth
Electronics embrace DIY
Govee powered up to third position in the U.K. and fifth in the U.S., selling a variety of RGB lights and accessories. While keyboard and components seller Keychron also scored a top spot, reflecting the DIY custom computer mentality.
Top 5 Financial Services Brands:
- gemini.com 1,647% growth
- 2miners.com 1,259% growth
- deribit.com 1,223% growth
- binance.org 797% growth
- tappily.co.uk 568% growth
Banking on growth with blockchain
The Winklevoss twins won again with traffic to their crypto exchange, Gemini growing the most for traffic.
While no NFT sites made the top 10 U.K. list, British museums and galleries started creating and offering NFTs to the public. Be sure to keep the trend on your radar.
Food & Drink
Top 5 Food & Drink Brands:
- justeattakeaway.com 1,385% growth
- thefork.co.uk 1,252% growth
- vevor.co.uk 1,065% growth
- insanelygoodrecipes.com 862% growth
- gopuff.com 834% growth
Taking off to first place
Since its founding during the height of the pandemic in 2020, the site’s popularity has climbed. The proof is in the numbers: in 2021, 74% of search traffic came from direct traffic, outperforming the Food & Drink average benchmark of 43%, highlighting the importance of brand awareness.
Top 5 Gaming Brands:
- gamingbible.co.uk 1,699% growth
- romsgames.net 1,345% growth
- kevin.games 850% growth
- geforcenow.com 554% growth
- newworld.com 523% growth
Loving and living the gamer lifestyle
Gamingbible.co.uk and romsgames.net topped the list, reflecting gamer demand for quality content.
GAMINGbible provides "op-eds, lists, retrospectives, guides, and more," winning 11M visits in 2021 alone.
Gaming has evolved into a lifestyle, and the fastest-growing brands reflect that significant shift.
Health & Fitness
Top 5 Health & Fitness Brands:
- nhs.uk 4,770% growth
- randox.com 4,474% growth
- recova-19.com 3,068% growth
- ayp.healthcare 2,195% growth
- chronomics.com 2,185% growth
At-home tests disrupt the industry
Both Randox and Chronomics offer home testing kits and, interestingly, saw more than 60% of their traffic hailing from mobile web in 2021.
Top 5 Real Estate Brands:
- strike.co.uk 1,461% growth
- gleesonhomes.co.uk 958% growth
- magicbricks.com 417% growth
- properstar.co.uk 359% growth
- housesforsaletorent.co.uk 275% growth
Striking for savings
Runner up Gleeson Homes promotes special packages to first-time buyers, key workers, and armed forces – a move that paid off.
Top 5 Home Furnishings Brands:
- bathroommountain.co.uk 1,350% growth
- rutlands.com 1,038% growth
- belleek.com 908% growth
- shop.tefal.co.uk 883% growth
- boilercentral.com 625% growth
Shoppers upgrade at-home dining
Top 5 Travel Brands:
- hopsoftware.com 422% growth
- vrbo.com 397% growth
- flightcatchers.com 393% growth
- virginvoyages.com 318% growth
- merlinclubcard.co.uk 307% growth
Niche sites fly to the top
Interest in traveling by water also rose, with Virgin Voyages floating up to the fourth spot.
Niche sites prospered as consumer preferences, and the travel environment transformed. Find out what other trends took off in the travel space.
Exclusive Digital 100 Insights Report
Similarweb is the fastest, easiest way to discover what’s really happening online. Whether you’re an established brand or you recently launched, our digital intelligence platform provides you insights to beat the competition and grow your traffic exponentially this year.
The Digital 100 is the official list of the fastest-growing digital brands. To identify the 100 U.S. winners, we analyzed websites with over 100,000 visitors for 10 categories, ranking the 100 websites with the largest increase in visitors on desktop and mobile web devices in the U.S. 2021 vs. 2020.