As more and more people consume digital content through desktop and mobile devices, analyzing websites through both channels is essential in order to understand a site’s overall digital presence and performance.
On February 14, 2016, we made two important changes to improve your digital analysis:
- We updated the visits and engagement metrics for websites to include both desktop and mobile web data. Previously, the metrics were desktop-only, and mobile web data was available separately.
- We added fresh data to mobile web so you can now see the daily visits and engagement for the last 28 days. (PRO only)
We believe that these changes will enable you to better understand the multi-platform digital world, helping you make more informed business decisions.
Apartments.com, America’s leading apartment database, advertised during the Super Bowl for the first time this year. The company released two of its three commercial teasers one week before the big game. Using the new combined mobile-desktop overview for the past 28 days (January 12 – February 7), we can see the traffic and engagement metrics for the site, and how the teasers impacted desktop and online mobile visits following their release:
- Total visits of 10.72 million (4.3 million on desktop versus 6.42 million on mobile)
- 40.11% desktop visits versus 59.89% mobile
- Engagement stats, including an average visit duration of 05:43 for desktop + mobile (07:37 on desktop versus 04:26 on mobile)
- Visits peaked on February 1 following the the release of the two teasers, with a total of 448,303 visits (176,426 on desktop versus 271,877 on mobile)
[For PRO users that have mobile web data enabled in your account, you can reach it using the toggle located on the ‘Website Analysis > Overview’ page. If you don’t have mobile web enabled, and would like access to the distribution of traffic between desktop and mobile-web, please contact your account manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.]
NOTES [FOR PRO USERS ONLY]
- Total traffic data is available from November 2014. For longer time periods, desktop data only is available.
- Daily granularity for total traffic is available from October 2015.
- Website Overview is the only section in SimilarWeb that shows total traffic. In the future, we plan to gradually expand this to additional sections.
- Total traffic is available for worldwide and 17 additional countries.
Contact your account manager to learn more, or email us at email@example.com.