This report provides a high-level overview of the top 25 Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) before deep diving into pizza chain performance over the last year.
Key takeaways include:
- Reflecting a first-mover advantage, pizza delivery sites (Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Papa John’s) remain dominant, owning one-third of all U.S. QSR web traffic.
- 2020 forced QSRs to optimize digital experiences and saw smaller chains get a leg up on larger ones. Jersey Mike’s, for instance, which has 10x less traffic than top player Domino’s, grew 9x as fast.
- Direct and organic search channels make up 83% of all traffic to top QSRs.
- The gap between top pizza players, Domino’s and Pizza Hut is widening. Domino’s had 57% more traffic than Pizza Hut in 2020, vs. only 31% more in 2019.
- Over the past three months, Domino’s had 7M more visits from non-branded keywords than Pizza Hut.
Download our report now to learn more.