Amazon has become synonymous with eCommerce, with most online product searches taking place directly in the marketplace. For the timeframe of January-April, the online marketplace notched a 6% growth in traffic in the United States, YoY, from 6.5B visits to 6.9B.
The Coronavirus pandemic has intensified that trend, fundamentally shifting the way consumers interact with brands and retailers.
We have explored the digital data behind one of the fastest-growing and most competitive categories on Amazon, to provide analysts and researchers with insight into the performance of top electronics brands in the U.S. during the first four months of 2020.
Insights from the report include:
- Amazon’s beauty and personal care products have been categorized as “essential,” and as a result, visits and converted visits rose 13% and 62%, respectively
- Unsurprisingly, Makeup had the least increase in traffic YoY from Jan to Apr
- Skin Care remained a top-of-mind priority with a 25% share of visits, but hair Care increased visitation 82% between Mar – Apr 2020 and had 1.6M more visits than Skin Care in Apr 2020
- The share of traffic for Body Washes and Body Moisturizers increased 6% YoY at the expense of face cleansers
- Amazon’s brand, Solimo, has seen significant upticks during key time periods
Read our report to discover more, including private-label and brand-name products that gained market share, and which brands were the most searched for on the marketplace.
For more Amazon brand reports, click here.