This Similarweb report provides a macro overview of changes in the online travel industry in the US from March 2015 – March 2016.
The report covers five distinct categories within the online travel industry:
- Hotels and Accommodation
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)
- Travel Recommendation Sites
Desktop and mobile traffic, engagement rates, and traffic sources are analyzed to understand how user behavior has changed in a year, and what that means for travel sites. Additionally, travel seasonality is compared across categories.
Some insight highlights:
- Share of mobile web traffic is increasing across all travel categories
- OTAs are experiencing a decrease in the rate of outgoing traffic
- Sharing economy sites are changing the face of the Hotel and Accommodation industry online