COVID-19 has fundamentally changed the telecom industry, transforming the competitive positions of top mobile network operators in relation to each other and to newer and smaller players, such as carriers and prepaid cell phone plan providers.
The economic fallout of the virus has also brought forth shifts in subscribers and traffic patterns, which are covered in our report on Emerging Trends in the U.K. Telecom Sector.
These modifications include:
- Weekly traffic to the Big Four in the United Kingdom (Vodafone, Three, EE, and O2)
- A surge in visits to bill-related pages due to a yearly price rise of ‘Pay Monthly’ plans
- Mobile virtual network operators’ (MVNOs) rundown of organic vs. paid search traffic
- The impact of Coronavirus on telecom app downloads and active app users
- A rise in demand for ‘Pay As You Go’ SIM-only offerings
Fill in your details to download the report for free!